dart frogs

DartFrogz.com is an international community, welcoming US, Canadian and European hobbyists DartFrogz.com is an international community, welcoming US, Canadian and European hobbyists DartFrogz.com is an international community, welcoming US, Canadian and European hobbyists

Sponsor

Unread 02-11-2011, 12:21 AM

Frog Management System - FMS
Male
Default Dart frog Green House

Quick little background on me before I get into details. I have been raising and breeding Dart Frogs and Mantellas since I was 11. Started out with golden mantellas and transfered into darts because I always wanted them. Started out with a trio of Leucomelas and rasied about 40 frogs out of them. I dont know what it is but you can never have to many . At one point I had 7 different species at one time but had to down size do to how much time I could put into them.
Currently I want to get back into it more now that I have the time. I have a large green house that I turned into basically a huge terrarium! I love it. I was looking into finding some frogs to put in there but wanted to ask some of you if anyone has any experience in doing this. Open for any suggestions.
Unread 07-11-2011, 07:12 PM

At most walk-in butterfly greenhouses I have seen, there are 2 doors leading into the greenhouse with a tiny room between them, and only one door is open at a time. This way the humidity and butterflies cannot get out. You go through one door into the room, shut that door, and open the other. You do the same on the way out, but you check your clothes for riders. I have always heard that Leucs are great group frogs, and they are larger, so you are less likely to step on them.
Unread 09-13-2011, 07:39 PM

Frog Management System - FMS
Male

Sounds interesting. Does the greenhouse have any type of climate control? I would maybe try one type of tinc and maybe one type of thumbnail. You may never see them, but listening to them will be nice. I would just play frogs sounds. It would be a lot cheaper. Just playing. Keep us updated.